This is the eighth tour in conjunction with our LEED AP Exam course. The 5:30 to 6:30 pm, Oct. 19, tour promotes the local Chapter of the USGBC and is open to the public at no charge. We encourage you to join the Chapter or consider company sponsporship.
1775 Mentor Avenue, Ste. 202 Cincinnati, Ohio 45212
From Emersion’s web site, “emersion DESIGN LLC in Cincinnati, Ohio has become the first Architecture and Engineering firm in the world to operate out of a LEED Platinum office space. They are the fourth architecture firm to have their offices Platinum Certified. The other architecture firms are good company: Cook + Fox Architects in New York City, Perkins + Will in Seattle and Boora Architects in Portland.”
Shawn Hesse will give the tour as well has go over the highlights of their new LEED project under construction, the new Red Cross offices on I-75 and Dana Ave.
· Careful pre-planning to assure achieving a Platinum Certification
· Modular material use to reduce waste
· Innovative glare control using ceiling tile material
· Near 100% construction waste recycling (only 12 lbs. of waste)
· How to use every dollar for more than one LEED Credit
· Design for portability, almost everything will be removed and taken with them when they expand into a new studio
· Without losing site of the “cool factor” the project was completed for $27 per square foot
· Although not a LEED Credit (yet) we’ll meet the worms in the coffee grounds compost pile
For more information please go to the USGBC Cincinnati Regional Chapter web site.
(11-30-19 301 redirect created)