19 East 8th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Monroe Mechanical, Inc., of Monroe, Ohio, has purchased a historical downtown Cincinnati building and is transforming it to become a regional ‘Green Source’ for environmentally-friendly construction products and services.
Renovation is completed on a building originally built in 1875 at 19 East 8th Street to create a Midwestern resource center. GreenSource will be a showroom for manufacturers to display green HVAC and electrical technologies, water reclamation systems, green roof systems, a green data center, and other products, said Ex Housch, president of Monroe Mechanical. Focus will be on green commercial buildings.
Possible LEED Credit Features:
• Open space credit for pedestrian hardscape with 25% vegetated area.
• Toliet flushing with captured rain water. An example of Hamilton County’s “Grey Crosschecked Plastic Pipe” solution to help differentiate potable water and gray water
• Geo-thermal wells help achieve a high number of EA Credit 1 points.
• Old timber material reuse for furring strips
• Unique education ID Credit for illustrating the LEED renovation of an 1875 building
(301 redirect done 11-27-19)