Learn more about LEED, Leadership in Energy
Save the planet in style in this Luxury LEED Platinum
Aprox 4400 sq.ft.home w/unobstructed stunning views from any of the 4 levels via the walk-out balconies. Elevator access to all levels. Gorgeous white oak HDWD floors throughout. 3 car garage. Solar panels. Reclaimed water collector. Laundry rms on 2 flrs. Gated Community. 2 Staircases. HIGH END/CHIC. Learn more at the Coldwell Banker site.
James Warden with the homes LEED Rater, Green Building Consulting, will be there to review the LEED checklist and answer any questions our guests have.
There is no charge for this tour but please contact Chuck Lohre and let him know you plan to attend [email protected], 513-260-9025.
Save the dates for our 2020 tours:
- Jan 11, 2020, 10 am until Noon, LEED Home for Sale – Riverside, 4400 sf Platinum Certified, home site.
- Feb 8, 2020, 10 am until Noon, Hughes Residence – OTR, New, gut renovation, Terry Boling designed LEED Platinum home in OTR.
- March 14, 2020, 10 am until Noon, LEED Home for Sale – Mt. Adams.
- April 11, 2020, 10 am until Noon, Modular Factory Construction – Evanston, Urban design and creating affordable housing solutions.
- May 9, 2020, 10 am until Noon, Vawter Residence – Sayler Park, Winding Walks LEED Home Subdivision. This LEED Gold home has theses features: Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV), tankless water heater and lawn irrigation that has a sensor to shut off the irrigation if it is raining. They are also having a pool installed which will use salt chlorination. Confirmed.
- Sept. 12, 2020, 10 am until Noon – Heckman Residence – OTR, planned LEED Platinum with solar panels and a battery backup system that normally powers the home until about 1 am.
- Oct 10, 2020, Noon until 2 pm, Fickas Residence – Union Township – The Fickas Residence is at Aberlin Springs, the first Agri Community in the Midwest. The tour will be the same day as their Fall Harvest event.
- Nov. 14, 2020, 10 am until Noon, Warminski Residence – Newport, KY, 1907 cottage with solar panels. Margo also plans to show off her extensive insulation and air sealing done by the Greater Cincinnati Energy Alliance. As well has her grey water downstairs toilet which ads a lavatory to the small room.
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
USGBC SW Ohio Chapter Residential Green Committee Mission: To provide education on sustainability in everyday tasks by promoting household environmentally sound practices to transform the way homes are designed, built, and operated enabling healthy, prosperous and environmentally and socially responsible living. Ohio Chapter USGBC Membership. Contact to Volunteer or Participate: Chuck Lohre, Green Cincinnati Education Advocacy, [email protected], 513-260-9025
Green Home Tours: No charge to USGBC members and they can bring a guest. Walk ins are $25 and they can bring a guest. You need you to register with [email protected], 513-260-9025 to get the address. Green Cincinnati Education Advocacy site page about the 2020 tours.
The Green Home Tours are sponsored by The Sustainable Partnership of Cincinnati, a group of businesses offering environmentally friendly products and services to create sustainable homes and offices. Learn more at www.tspcincy.com.
GreenBau Design Build
Green Building Consulting
Green Cincinnati Education Advocacy
Greener Stock Sustainable Building Materials & Design
Green Streets Environmental Services
One Small Garden Planters and Sheds
Patterned Concrete of Cincinnati