The projects awarded this year spotlight affordable housing. Another important type awarded was multi-family developments. Cincinnati is lucky to have a perfect example of a Green community in Over-The-Rhine. In 1850 Cincinnati was one of a few cities worldwide in rapid expansion. It might not look it now, but in 1850 it was an example of a very high quality building and transportation system. Thanks to Cincinnati Center City Development Corporation (3CDC) and many other partners, Cincinnati is strengthening the core assets of our urban infrastructure by creating diverse places to live, work and play. Just like the 1850s! Maybe we’ll get an award someday from the USGBC.
• Project of the Year Award: Place of the Hidden Waters Community Longhouse, Puyallup Tribal Housing Authority; Puyallup, Wash.
• Outstanding Single Family Project: Brooks Residence, Isabelle Duvivier (architect); Venice, Calif.
• Outstanding Multifamily Project: Eco Modern Flats, Specialized Real Estate Group (developer); Fayetteville, Ark.
• Outstanding Affordable Housing Project: Rio Vista Apartments, Adobe Communities (developer); Los Angeles, Calif.
• Outstanding Production Builder: Clarum Communities for Cambridge Plaza. Palo Alto, Calif.