We ran across Will Housh’s post in LinkedIn for a web developer and enjoyed his job description. We’d like to find someone like this as well.
About the Job
HVAC.com is growing fast and we want to add an awesome web and mobile app developer to our team! Based on a 60-year, multi-generational heating and air conditioning business foundation, and 9 years in ecommerce, HVAC.com is changing the industry and transforming lives through our charitable mission. If you are excited about advancing your career and being an important part of an awesome business growth story, and if your personal values and work ethic align with ours, we want to meet you.
The Developer will assume responsibility for the maintenance and functional development of HVAC.com owned websites, web-based software, and mobile applications. This includes designing, coding and modifying websites and mobile applications. The successful developer has a high sense of duty and a desire to follow projects through to completion.
– Support the company’s marketing efforts by implementing new website and mobile application features, designs and styles; focusing on the technical aspects of the website(s) and app(s).
– Design and develop data connectors and web-services connections between internal systems and those of our partners
– Develop expertise with all company online stores, databases, content management systems, hosting platforms and websites as necessary
– Support and monitor website, app and database updates, development and testing
– Work to ensure data integrity and security within E-Commerce applications
– Set policies and manage the codebase for websites and apps inside the version control system
– Write procedures and best-practices for the use and management of web-based software
– Work with third-party technology service providers and consultants
Requirements and Skills:
– Bachelor’s Degree in technology-related degree program
– 3+ Years of web and mobile app programming and IT-related experience
– Working knowledge of MySQL and SQL Server databases
– Working knowledge of Web Services technologies, including REST and SOAP
– Working knowledge of iOS and Android mobile app development
– Understanding and familiarity with the Magento E-Commerce platform
Developer Core Values:
– At all times I will place the interests of the company ahead of my own personal interests or relationships with other employees.
– I am committed to maintaining a proficient workforce with excellent skills and habits.
– I will work with other departments to develop the highest standards of quality and productivity.
– I will lead by example in never allowing performance pressures to cause a lapse in judgment that may endanger others or myself.
– I will always be found expanding my knowledge with new technical information and updated practice of the trade.
– Thorough communication is vital to the success of any relationship. My goal is NO failures due to lack of communication.
– I will press myself and the team to continually become more proactive and less reactive.
– I am frugal. I guard and conserve the company’s resources with at least the same vigilance that I would use to guard and conserve my own personal resources.
– I feel a sense of urgency on any matter related to our customers. Our mission is to serve our customers. They assure our future growth.
– I understand that my performance and work ethic greatly affect the team performance and work ethic.
– I support the core company values of Integrity, Courage, Innovation and Execution and I understand that my performance will be measured in these key areas.
HVAC.com is a company that:
– Strives to be a destination company for its team members by building a wholesome, supportive, fun team culture.
– Focuses on stewardship by channeling profits to ministries in support of orphans, widows and the poor in our local and global communities.
– Takes its employees on company-sponsored mission trips and service projects.
– Operates with Christian values and unshakeable integrity.
Work Schedule: Normal hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Work Location: Corporate office in Monroe, Ohio.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits based on qualifications and experience.