Vote For A Cincinnati Bike Share Location
The Department of Transportation & Engineering is conducting a feasibility study to identify the best way to implement a successful public “bike share” program in Over the Rhine, Downtown, and Uptown. Please take a moment to click the link below and let us know where a bike share station would benefit you. Then, share this information with those who would be interested.
What is bike share?
Bike sharing relies on a system of self-service bike rental stations located conveniently around the urban core.
Check a bike out using a credit/debit card
Ride to your destination
Return the bike to any docking station near your destination
How could bike share benefit you?
Having a bike share station near your place of employment would enable you to more quickly and conveniently run errands on your lunch break or meet friends after work, all without having to move and re-park your car, or wait for the bus. And in most programs, the first 30 minutes of the rental are free! Other benefits of bike share include:
• Provides a quicker connection between transit stops and final destinations;
• Helps introduce citizens to active transportation (supports public health);
• Reduces the number of short auto trips in the urban core;
• Promotes sustainable transportation options;
• Reduces barriers to cycling as there is no need to own or store a private bicycle or to worry about locking your bike and having it stolen.
How can you participate in the planning process?
Visit the City’s interactive suggestion map at www.cincinnati-oh.gov/bikeshare to submit suggestions for bike share station locations and view, vote, and comment on others’ suggestions.
Thanks to Cincinnati Office of Sustainability Director Larry Falkin.