Green Cincinnati Building Signage Project Show at the Betts House Sept. 28, 2012 to Oct. 9, 2012
Sept. 28, 2012 Opening Reception 5:30 p.m. – Show Sept. 29, 2012 to Oct. 9, 2012 – Green Cincinnati Education Advocacy Signage Project Show at the Betts House – The Betts House, 416 Clark Street, Cincinnati, OH 45203 – The Green Cincinnati Building Signage Project is a proposed project to expand the Civic Garden Center of Cincinnati’s Green Learning Station environmental design signage to other projects around the region. The eight suggested signs would be placed at Green Building locations, tell a short story of the building, direct viewers to the CGCC Green Learning Station to take their self guided tour 24/7, give the QR code web site address for the local Cincinnati Chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council, tell the story of the signage project and give the QR code web address of the Green Cincinnati Directory online of over 250 buildings http://batchgeo.com/map/3622aea588a7d8b347b37bf758d78b2e/, and there will be room for sponsors who will contribute to the sign construction and placement. The proposed buildings are:
• Fire Station No. 51, City of Cincinnati, on Hamilton Ave. in College Hill
• Clark Montessori School, Cincinnati Public Schools, on Erie Ave. in Hyde Park
• Moerlein Lager House, Cincinnati Park Board, on Joe Nuxhall Way across the street from the Great American Ball Park
• Times Star Building, planned for LEED for Existing Buildings, Hamilton County
• Joseph A. Steger Student Life Center, University of Cincinnati, the sign will be on Martin Luther King Drive
• Earth Connection at Mt. St. Joseph College, The sign will be on Delhi Rd.
• Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden Entry Village, on Vine St. at the solar panels.
• Northern Kentucky University College of InfoMatics, the sign would be on Highway 27
We’ll have a panel describing each of the projects and how the owner has contributed to the Green Building Movement in Cincinnati. There will also be information on something related to the project that you will learn by touring the Green Learning Station of the Civic Garden Center of Cincinnati. And on each panel will be the proposed memorandum of understanding between the Civic Garden Center and the project owner. The panels will also highlight the buildings that will be on the Green Energy Tour of Green Energy Ohio which takes place the first weekend of October.